Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Stampotique Designers Challenge #130 ~ Something new

I'm late, I'm late for a VERY important date!!! Well, a few hours... we are having MAJOR teething problems with our phone lines and internet connections to the new house, the joys of moving to a brand new build.. and the cracks appearing in the plaster... lol.. apparently, it's ALL normal!

This week it's the turn of the very lovely Kaz to set a brand new challenge over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.. this weeks challenge is something new..

Here is what Kaz has to say... I am just a little bit nosey, so for this challenge I'd like you to use something that Santa brought you! Don't worry if you didn't get crafty stash, just use something that you recently bought for yourself. If you really want to, you could make something with the theme of something new as well. Just make sure you enjoy making it.

Well, sadly, I didn't get any new crafty stash for Christmas or anything else for that matter but that's life!! What I did get and it was something I DEFINITELY wasn't expecting after losing my mobile phone down a toilet was to receive a new one last week... oh no, another learning curve!!! I am now the proud and reluctant owner of a Windows phone.... Of course, every new phone needs a new phone case.. so as we've had no internet it's given me time to 'tart' up my new case and I LOVE IT!!

I hope you like it too..

 Stamps used: Whole Heart, Vine Heart and from Be Grateful (Roc's bird)

I stamped directly onto my phone case using permanent black ink, coloured the hearts with gel pen and stamped Roc's gorgeous little bird onto tissue paper before colouring, he is adhered to the case with Modge Podge with an extra coat on the top to seal the image to my phone case.. I am THRILLED with my new case!

Of course, I didn't stop there and included an atc to the front of my case.. it fitted PERFECTLY!


The atc is lovely and sparkly as I used gel pens but as usual it's difficult to make it show up especially at this time of the year! I used the gorgeous mermaid.. called Ocean by Linda Peterson.. you can see more of Linda's fabulous designs HERE

The background was created using acrylic paints and the Gelli plate and the little stars are from the Design Cube by France Papillon.. all of which are available from the Stampotique Originals online STORE in the US and from A sprinkle of imagination and The Stamp Attic to mention just two of my favourite stores in the UK.

I hope you can join us for this weeks challenge, please remember each challenge is open until the end of the month and two lucky winners will be picked by random to each win a $30 gift certificate. Good Luck!

  Happy creating, Gez


16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely and totally unique, Jo x

Gez Butterworth said...

It really stands out in my handbag and around the house, it's lovely to look at and easy to spot!!

Karen Gist said...

WOW! what a brilliant idea my lovely! I have a new pink tablet cover that is now staring at me hahaha xxx

DIane Warburton said...

You had me worried when you suggested you'd been entertained when the internet wouldn't work - we all know what used to happen when the electricity used to go off years ago ;-) But this looks way more fun and very practical - your enthusiasm shines through - good stuff! xx

Kaz said...

It's fabulous Gez! I love how you just went for it and stamped directly onto the case. Good luck with the new phone xxx

*Arwen* said...

Gez this is brilliant - wow!
Lovely image :)

xx Arwen

Corrie Herriman said...

Wonderful idea, like this Hazel stamp as well ! I hadn't seen this one before.
Your phone case looks brilliant !
Corrie X
PS. Hope you are getting settled in, teething problems and all and more importantly hope you are feeling heaps better !!!

sam21ski said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get any crafty stash but a new phone and case is a nice thing to get, esp with what happened to your other one!!


Sam xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Gez, this is pure genius x 2 (both sides)! I love your new phone case (so glad you got a replacement phone!). Sweet color and even sweeter art. I don't have this Hazel (not to self: put her on the wish list), and she is adorable. Nice played, my friend! Mwah!

Claudine Criner said...

Really loving this cell phone case, it's beautiful. I love your use of the stamps and permanent ink, very creative!!!

Traceyr said...

Always good to have something bright and cheerful in the depths of ones handbag isn't Gez? hahaha

:)

dutchstamptramp said...

Fab idea Gez! Love it. Hope all's settled down a bit in your life after moving!

Hazel said...

Beautiful idea x

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

this so original and lovely

Sue said...

Brilliant and beautiful Gez, good luck with the new phone xx

Sue said...

Brilliant and beautiful Gez, good luck with the new phone xx