Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 20 November 2013

ALIVE... but not yet, kick'in!

Well I made it through the big ordeal of major surgery! 

Hard to believe, 4 weeks ago this morning I was in theatre. I feel joyful and grateful especially to the surgeon, especially as she had to spend and extra two hours in theatre with me! I did spend the following day apologising to everyone I saw... accept the poor lady who was last on the list for theatre that day and had to have her operation cancelled because of me.. I still feel so dreadful for her :(

I started the day with a temperature and really wasn't expecting to go to theatre so that helped with the nerves a tiny bit until I realised I was due to be first down at 8.30am!!!! No time to ring hubby, I had a beautiful email with me from a very special guardian angel which I kept in my dressing gown pocket and by the time I was in the anesathetic room I had memorized the words and was recalling them over and over.. it helped... this special lady, reminded me of the wonderful day I spent on the beach when it was my birthday in June, to recall the sights, feel the sun and remember the sounds of the sea and the sea gulls... it certainly worked a treat! Thank YOU Heidi. xxx

I was expected out of theatre around 10am - 10.30am but the first thing I knew it was 12.05pm when I first opened my eyes.. I was taken onto the ward I remember asking my first question, did they manage keyhole? The nurse shock her head and sad, sadly, no.... everything I had read up and was prepared for I had to let go of... my next question, did they manage to save my right ovary? YES!!

And so, my long journey to recovery began, with 3 extra sets of stitches which made a kind of giant face with a big smiley with an 8" cut in my lower abdomin.. it made Tom smile.. right before I saw him grimace!

I have been blessed, I am a survivor, I am ALIVE! and doesn't it feel good.... Well, it did right before the spinal block and the morphine ran out....

I was lucky enough to meet two lovely new life long friends in hospital, we were all in with very similiar problems, the other two having their operations the following day to mine and joining me in the same wing, I had six frightful (because of the nerve pain) scary days in hospital which could have left me feeling isolated and very lonely. Instead, we lived it up, and put the world to rights in only the way three bed ridden ladies could!!! 

I KNOW I COULDN'T HAVE COPED THE WAY I DID WITHOUT THEM! 

Everything happens for a reason doesn't it, the universe listens, even when we don't understand and can't make sense of things... the greater good is taking care of us, I could have had my operation a month sooner if it wasn't for being anemic and then I would never have met these two special ladies... I am looking forward to our reunion just as soon as we are all well enough, it will be good to seem them dressed!! hehe..

I have received lots and lots of beautiful handmade cards which are also helping with my recovery, I admire them everyday and thank everyone from the bottom of my heart....xxxxxxxx

I still have a long wayy to go with my recovery, due to complications and lots of internal stitches needed to help me heal. (I don't do things by halves!! I even managed to surprise the surgeon with the mess she had to sort out, in her skillful hands, everything should heal back to normal) I am spending most of the time sleeping day and night, which isn't me!!! but I'm going with the flow and listening to my body... just need to remember to listen to my head too!!!!

I look forward to visiting everyone's blogs and wish to thank everyone so kind enough to leave me a comment on my blog. Sitting straight up at the computer desk is pretty hard at the moment and leaves me feeling exhausted and quite dizzy, I do feel for a couple of my crafty friends who I know have similar struggles day in and day out long term... xoxoxox

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such caring special people and wish you all well.

  Speak soon ♥♥♥

xxx

25 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Gez, I knew of none of this going on. I'm so very glad you are thankfully now the other side of what sounds like pretty major surgery and really hope you take time out to get plenty of rest, listen to your body and make a really good steady recovery.
Sending you lots of very gentle get well soon hugs,
Annie x

Twiglet said...

Oh Gez - you have had a rough time. Hope you are feeling better day by day. Sending you our love and best wishes - hope you are soon back to full fitness. Hugs x Jo

Debbie said...

Hi Gez. So nice to hear all went well and you are now on the road to recovery.
Keep up the looking after yourself and you will be right as rain in no time. Best Wishes sent. Debbiex

DIane Warburton said...

What a brilliant selfie! You look like you have colour in your skin and smile for the camera and from what you've said, all is well as can be expected. I had an emergency partial hysterectomy in 2005 with no keyhole operation, so I can almost remember what you've gone through. Time, as you know, is a healer though and this period will always stay with you but you move on, stronger and wiser and more appreciative of what you have. Puts my worries of the blinkin' vacuum breaking down, into perspective :-) Take care x

Artyjen said...

Sending warm hugs....rest is definately what you need by the sounds of it! Snuggle up and take care and I'm sure you will heal in no time. Love
xoxo Sioux

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Golly I didnt know you had been in the hospital, Sending you lots of get well hugs, Hazelxox

Helen said...

Wishing you a restful but speedy recovery after all you've been through. Take care. Helen

Tina Bradley said...

Healing hugs to you during your recovery! Keep standing tall--chin up, Doll! xoxo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

Deanne said...

big hugs for your recovery journey x

Claudine Criner said...

So glad to hear your recovering well. Big hugs coming your way and prayers as well. Take care!!

Karen Gist said...

I have been following your FB posts and am now very pleased that you are going to listen to your head as well now!!!!! You know how much I am thinking of you and wish for a speedy recovery. It won't be long before Rae is home and you have Christmas to look forward to darling. Continue to let others take the strain. Lots of HUGS xxxxx

sam21ski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sam21ski said...

Well at least it's all over now, whichever way they eventually had to go in. Take care and I wish you a very speedy recovery xxxx

Dotty Jo said...

Having had two lots of major surgery myself Gez I just want to send you the biggest hug. Take it slowly and just do what your body is telling you: if you need to rest then REST and if you feel like doing a bit more do it gently and carefully. Take card hun, and keep all your blogland buddies up to date with your progress, Jo x

Frea Konings said...

Hi Gez, it sounds like you've had (and are still having) a pretty hard time. I really hope you will feel better soon, and get some of your energy back. Hugs Frea

Netty said...

Have been following your progress on Facebook Gez and am happy to see you are taking the good advice about resting your body, giving it time to heal. Take care sweet lady, hugs Annette x

Dawn said...

Huge huggles sweetie. Such a beautiful heart-felt post my lovely. Wishing you a speedy and stress free recovery.
Love as always x x x x

Traceyr said...

Glad you're on the road to recovery Gez and continue to take it easy. Let the family take care of you for a change. Hugs and kisses T :)

Rea said...

Hoping you feel better soon Gez, and God bless you.

Joanne said...

What a wonderful post considering the subject matter. Keep the positive bits going because very soon they will be all that's left
xxxxx

Coco said...

What can I say ?... Just that I wish you from the bottom of my heart a very good and rapid recovery now Gez. Love Coco xxxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Cor! You don't do things by halves do you - I'm a firm believer in sleep as a healer although knowing you you want to be doing 'stuff'! Praying that you recover properly soon. Hugs, Chrisxx

Vicky said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery sweetie :) Sending big hugs your way Gez :)

Sue said...

Hang on in there Gez, rest when you need to and just take it one day at a time xx

Reflective Art Studio said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Much love and kindness to you Darling. xx
Sarinda