Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ #123 Card with more than 1 fold!

It's time for another fabulous challenge over on the Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog. This week's challenge is to include more than one fold on a card! Here's mine..

   photo GezButterworthSDC123Morethan1fold_zps8dee8bf9.jpg

I won! .. I didn't let the easel card design beat me!!

Did I say easel or evil!!!!! ;-) hehe.. I made this card with a certain special lady in mind! We've been talking about spending more time together and doing making time to do things which make us happy!

The brand NEW Find Your Happy girlie is absolutely spot on! We should all find our happy! ♥

I was quite selfish creating this card using my favourite colours and some of my favourite stamps.. it certainly did make me happy making this card! 

I coloured some plain cardstock using some Adirondack inks and a brayer (a first for me!!!) I'm sure it's supposed to give a neater finish but I like this shabby/grungey look.. then I stamped the background with French TextDaisy, Daisy and the brand NEW gorgeous stars from the Design Cube by France Papillon.

The girlie was stamped onto plain white cardstock, coloured then added to the card. The sentiment Enjoy today (absolutely perfect for this card & so true!) was stamped using Archival ink and the gorgeous buttons added are from Tea House Bridge, aren't they cute!

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you like my card.. I am AWOL atm and scheduling this post so I hope it posts alright!!!

Please pop on over to the Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog to see lots of inspiration from the Design Team. I look forward to catching up with everyone's creations really soon.

  Best wishes, Gez 



 


16 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

No one said the easel card was EASY, Gez, but it turned out perfectly! Love the colors you chose to showcase Girlie Hazel (love her!). And, yes, even your quote is perfect. I hope you are already feeling better!

Samantha Read said...

Beautiful card Gez. Big hugs from Poppy and me xx

Juls said...

Love this, the colours are fab!! Hugs Juls

Karin said...

gorgeous card!
Groetjes Karin

Reflective Art Studio said...

Gez This is a wonderful idea... WOW I love those little flowers to prop up the card. You are the best.
Much Love to you.
Sarinda

Kaz said...

This is such a cute card Gez, you are definitely in need of time doing good things xxx

DIane Warburton said...

Fabby dabby! Little wonder you won :-)

I hope the plans to be happy all work out as well as this card did x

LINDA PAGE said...

this is great Gez and so glad you didn't let the evil easel beat you lol..hope you are soon feeling on top of the world.

healing hugs xx

patcrafts said...

love your card Gez it's super cute xx

roc said...

i love your card! beautiful!

Coco said...

Totally cute Gez !! I love your use of brayer and bright colours of Adirondack inks to build your background, that's so much fun! Hugs Coco x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful cheery card Gez! Hope you get that time together! Also hope that by now you are on the way to recovery! Hugs, Chrisx

Traceyr said...

Crafting should be about making you happy and so glad that this card did.

Yes those buttons are great.

Hope you are A1 too.

:)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Gez, I love your grungy brayering, and the choice of stamps makes me happy too. Have a relaxing weekend xx

dutchstamptramp said...

This is so sweet Gez. Love the colours and the whole idea!

Susan Kennedy said...

This is fantastic!!! Love the buttons.. they match the card perfectly! Just awesome!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges} *New Challenge Blog*

ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges